Things are heating up in Sydney at this time of year (the weather in particular). The usual Aussie thing to do is to fire up the bbq and throw on a few sausages, steaks or good hearty vegetables. I’ve decided to combine this style of cooking with a bit of Italian flare.
For this wicked sausage pasta recipe, all you’re going to need is some good dry Italian egg pasta, either tagliatelle or fettuccine (from the packet is fine), some good old beef, pork, or chicken sausages and some baby spinach. I’m using my Italian tomato sauce recipe as the base sauce, so if you missed it, check it out here. You might be thinking “what a strange combination, sausage and pasta” but there’s two things: 1. It ain’t that weird of a combination and 2. It’s damn tasty!
If you feel like a lighter option or a vegetarian alternative, hold off on the sausage and add extra baby spinach. If you’re feelin’ a bit spicy, then add some dry chilli flakes or fresh chilli (I recommend dry flakes as they usually go best with pasta). So next time you are about to chuck out those left over sausages, think – wicked sausage pasta! Enjoy!
Music by the one and only Bronze Whale, check them out:
- 4 x beef sausages (or you can use pork/chicken)
- 1 x packet of good quality Italian egg pasta
- 1.5 x cups of Italian tomato sauce (see previous recipe)
- 1 x good handful of baby spinach
- Fresh Parmesan to serve
- Olive oil, salt & pepper
- Cut ends off sausages ad squeeze out meat into balls
- Get pan and pot of water on high, add oil to pan, then sausages, cook until brown
- Add pasta and cook following packet instructions
- Add pasta into pan along with tomato sauce, spinach, salt & pepper, give a stir through for 1 min
- Serve with fresh Parmesan cheese
- Serves 2 people