As promised, an easy weeknight meal for you seafood lovers! Salmon is a beautiful piece of fish, however pesto salmon is way better but I don’t think many people use salmon enough in weeknight meals. Some health benefits from eating this fish include; increase in cardiovascular health and brain function due to the omega-3 fats found in salmon, reduces the risk of macular-degeneration (eye disease), osteoarthritis and other inflammatory conditions.
Anyways getting back to food talk, I’ve quickly dusted up some tasty buttered potatoes and serve it with a handful of rocket and toasted pine nuts which turn this humble salmon into a complete dish. This literally takes no more than 15 mins to whip up, provided that you have made up a batch of pesto, you can see my pesto recipe by clicking here. Have a go at this and let me know how good it tastes!
Music by the one and only Bronze Whale, check them out:
- 1 x salmon fillet, use more if needed
- 2 x baby potatoes finely sliced
- 1 x tbs pine nuts
- 1 x tbs pesto mix - see pesto recipe
- 1 x tbs olive oil
- 1 x knob of butter
- Salt & pepper
- Baby spinach or rocket to serve - optional
- Slice up potatoes and season salmon with salt and pepper
- In a dry pan, toast pine nuts and put aside
- Get pan on high, add oil then potatoes, add a knob of butter and cook for 3-4 mins each side or until golden, put aside
- Get pan on high, add oil then salmon, cook for 3-4 mins each side - don't overcook!
- When salmon is cooked, add knob of butter with pesto mix in the pan and coat the salmon
- Plate up with salad potatoes and toasted pine nuts
- Serves 1 person